The title is extreme, but so is the news sometimes! This is a roundup of our favorite links from the week. Now you’re in on the kind of gaming, generative AI, and cuteness we share in Slack.
- How many nerds are skipping work today to check out the D&D movie premiere? Early reviews are promising!
- John Maeda’s 2023 Design in Tech Report is out, along with an abridged presentation- lots of AI content this year, naturally. This is important as the ability to build with AI reaches a larger and larger audience.
- Our friends at Riftweaver debuted the trailer for their upcoming co-op digital RPG, Fablecraft.
- A fascinating read on how AI misrepresents culture through facial expression.
- Microsoft Clippy as a GPT-4 ChatBot? Yes, please!
- Dan Olson tackles Decentraland & the Metaverse.
- Vampire Survivors wins best game at the BAFTAs! Collectively, our team has experienced many, many hours of Vampire Survivors gameplay. What’s your favorite weapon evolution?
- Slay the Princess looks like one of the best finds of PAX East. Play it now for a little horror, as a treat.
- Some thoughts about that open letter calling to pause AI research 🧐
- A sweet, charming Twitter bot by Kate Compton.
Wishing you all a wacky & playful weekend!
Are you interested in the future of generative AI and play? Join our Discord community and sign up for early access to our AI story game.