Hidden Door is a game technology studio building the first narrative AI — a platform that transforms any work of fiction into an infinite social roleplaying experience, bringing together players, authors and other creators.
We're looking for a talented product designer to join our team! In this role, your primary goal will be creating a game experience that looks and feels amazing to our initial player community. Your experience and attention to detail will help you find elegant and practical solutions to tricky design problems at the intersection of games and AI.
Because it's early in our journey, you'll immediately have an outsized impact on both the future of the product and our development culture.
Things you'll do:
- Own interface, interaction, and (ideally) motion design for our web-based game (built in React).
- Maintain a steady pipeline of high-fidelity mocks for engineers to implement.
- Collaborate with our art director, game director, and co-founders to design thoughtful experiences.
- Engage the player community to test and refine designs.
- Support engineers as your designs are implemented.
- Create design systems to help scale our interface work.
We'd love to meet if you have:
- A comprehensive portfolio highlighting your experience.
- Exceptional knowledge of best practices for mobile and web UX.
- A flair for visual, interactive storytelling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and a particular fondness for documentation.
And it'd be ideal if you also have:
- Ability to write HTML/CSS.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe After Effects, or similar.
- Awareness of considerations for accessibility or internationalization.
- Knowledge of or experience with TTRPG or free-to-play games.
Other things to know
- We're a small, fully remote international team, focused on North American and Western European time zones.
- The whole team meets up quarterly IRL, often internationally, for planning and fun. Recently we've been to New Orleans and Lisbon! Expect adventure 🚀
- While this is a full-time position, we're flexible about working hours and trust you to bring your best. Both co-founders have young children and we are committed to a healthy, balanced life.
- This is a startup 😉 We're building a company together as much as we are building a game together, and we want your help.
- We value curiosity, creativity, and diverse perspectives.
- We strongly encourage candidates from under-represented or non-traditional backgrounds to apply.
- 🏝️ Unlimited vacation (with minimum vacation requirement 🙂)
- 🏠 Fully remote team and culture
- 🩺 100% medical, dental, and vision for employees, and family coverage
- 💪🏻 Reproductive and gender-affirming care benefit
- 💵 $1,000 annual home office budget ($2,000 your first year)
- 🥇 Competitive salary and equity
- 🙈 No NFTs or crypto