Head of Marketing
We're looking for a creative, experienced head of marketing to grow and engage our community of players, creators, and technologists.
Hidden Door is a game technology studio building the first narrative AI — a platform that transforms any work of fiction into an infinite social roleplaying experience, bringing together players, authors and other creators.
We're looking for a creative, experienced, community-oriented marketer to join our team!
At Hidden Door, we're inventing a new kind of collaborative entertainment that combines roleplaying, fan fiction, and generative AI. It's kind of like Roblox meets D&D, featuring worlds from the minds of professional authors, where groups of friends co-create stories together with our AI narrator.
We believe in social, community-led growth. Right now that means bringing together folks from different spheres — games, creative writing, machine learning, and more — into an inclusive, imaginative community as we refine the game through our early access program. Over the coming year, as we prepare for launch, you'll help us develop and drive our growth and monetization strategies.
Our team comes from pretty diverse backgrounds, are excellent writers, and love to talk about what we do! We also love experimenting and investing in new ideas and channels, and you'll have a modest budget to spend on marketing efforts. Organizationally, you'll be a team of one and, as such, should be comfortable owning all things marketing. However, if things go well, we're very open to helping you hire an incredible team.
Things you'll do:
- Lead our community-focused marketing efforts.
- Work closely with our co-founders and art director to build an amazing brand and product positioning.
- Come up with creative/funny/unique experiments to grow and engage our audience.
- Invest in in marketing assets that will pay off for years.
We'd love to meet if you have:
- Ability to take high-level goals, figure out a plan, set metrics, and deliver results.
- Creatively launched and grown games, social, or related consumer products.
- Multiple public examples of past successes.
- Superlative communication skills, and attention to detail.
- An adaptable toolkit of lean best practices.
And it'd be ideal if you also have:
- Experience with RPGs, free-to-play games, and/or content marketplaces.
- Experience developing and implementing monetization strategies.
- A passion for reading and/or writing fiction.
- Awareness of considerations for accessibility or internationalization.
- Experience with low/no-code tools and platforms.
Other things to know
- We're a small, fully remote international team, focused on North American and Western European time zones.
- The whole team meets up quarterly IRL, often internationally, for planning and fun. Recently we've been to New Orleans and Lisbon! Expect adventure 🚀
- While this is a full-time position, we're flexible about working hours and trust you to bring your best. Both co-founders have young children and we are committed to a healthy, balanced life.
- This is a startup 😉 We're building a company together as much as we are building a game together, and we want your help.
- We value curiosity, creativity, and diverse perspectives.
- We strongly encourage candidates from under-represented or non-traditional backgrounds to apply.
- 🏝️ Unlimited vacation (with minimum vacation requirement 🙂)
- 🏠 Fully remote team and culture
- 🩺 100% medical, dental, and vision for employees, and family coverage
- 💪🏻 Reproductive and gender-affirming care benefit
- 💵 $1,000 annual home office budget ($2,000 your first year)
- 🥇 Competitive salary and equity
- 🙈 No NFTs or crypto